- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast airplane model of Dornier Do 335 “Pfeil” Fighter Plane “Udva Hazy Centre, Smithsonian Museum, Washington DC” (Captured 1945) “Oxford Aviation” Series die cast model by Oxford Diecast.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer’s original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-7.5, W-7.5, H-2.25 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The Dornier Do 335 “Pfeil” was a German heavy fighter and ground-attack aircraft used during World War II. It was known for its high speed and maneuverability, and was considered one of the most advanced aircraft of the war. The aircraft was equipped with two engines, one mounted in the nose and the other in the tail, which allowed it to reach speeds of up to 646 km/h (401 mph).
- The Do 335 “Pfeil” saw limited service during the war, with only around 50 being built before the end of the war. It was primarily used as a high-speed reconnaissance aircraft, but was also used for ground attack and as a heavy fighter.
- The example of Dornier Do 335 “Pfeil” that is on display at the Udvar Hazy Centre Smithsonian Museum in Washington DC is a captured example that was brought to the United States after the war. It was captured by the US Army in 1945 and was subsequently brought to the United States for testing and evaluation.
- The 1:72 Scale Model Aircraft by Oxford Diecast is a highly detailed and accurate replica of the Dornier Do 335 “Pfeil” on display at the Udvar Hazy Centre Smithsonian Museum. It features accurate markings and decals, and is a great representation of this important aircraft from World War II. This model is perfect for those interested in aviation history or model aircraft collecting. It is a great way to own a piece of history and honor the legacy of the brave pilots who flew this aircraft. Add it to your collection today and be a part of the legacy of one of the most advanced aircraft of World War II.
There are no reviews yet.